Finish your day strong by fueling up on fiber & carbs at lunch. Including whole grains and an array of fruits and vegetables is the best way to stay nourished and energized after your midday meal. It's tempting to treat yourself at lunchtime, but you'll be happy when your co-worker is falling asleep at his desk after that cheeseburger and fries. It's also an easy salad to make at night so you can grab and go in the morning. Just keep the dressing separate and add in when you're ready to eat.
I used quinoa and mixed greens as the base for this salad, but you can mix it up with rice, barley, spinach, and all your other favorite greens and grains. I always think about including a bunch of different colors in my meals to make sure I'm getting a variety of vitamins and nutrients- I'd say it turned out looking pretty damn good.
- 1 CUP QUINOA
- 1 CUP MIXED GREENS
- 5 BABY CARROTS (CHOPPED)
- 1 SLICE RED ONION (CHOPPED UP SMALL)
- 1/2 CUP CUCUMBER (CHOPPED)
- HALF AN AVOCADO (SLICED UP)
- 1/2 CUP FROZEN BERRIES
- SPRINKLE CHIA & FLAX SEEDS
- CRUNCHY DRIED CHICKPEAS (BRAND: SAFFRON ROAD)
- DRESSING: LEMON JUICE, OLIVE OIL, SALT, PEPPER, GARLIC POWDER