Smoothie bowls are my favorite way to get loads of nutrition in one beautiful, easy-to-make, easy-to-eat bowl. There are endless delicious combinations, but I always aim for at least 4 different fruits or vegetables in each bowl so I know I'm getting a variety of nutrients and benefits. This bowl features 2 vegetables and 5 fruits, plus matcha, coconut water, flax seeds, coconut milk whipped cream, and toasted quinoa for added nourishment.
As you can see, all plant foods offer several benefits. Eating plant based means preventing disease, improving digestion, clearing up your skin and much more with every bite. Every part of our body is connected- how we look on the outside is in many ways a reflection of what's going on inside. Knowing what my food is doing for me is empowering and always motivates me to make healthy choices. Read on to find out just how each ingredient helps to keep you glowing, energized and strong.
- MATCHA: Matcha is a green tea powder loaded with antioxidants that helps with focus, memory and energy. Boosts the immune system and detoxifies the body.
- SPINACH: Full of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, iron, magnesium and manganese among countless other vitamins and minerals. Spinach is one of the most nutritious greens you can get, and a powerful defense against a range of diseases.
- COCONUT WATER: Coconut water is a powerful hydrator. Good hydration means more energy, glowing skin, and healthy cells. It's also a great cure for a hangover ;)
- BANANA: Bananas are a good source of Vitamin B6, Vitamin C and potassium. They're also rich in fiber and carbs which help you stay full.
- PINEAPPLE: Pineapples are a great source of antioxidants, especially Vitamin C, which is a key nutrient for immune system health.
- MANGO: Mango's contain a variety of vitamins and antioxidants that help prevent cancer, improve skin quality, and promote eye health. It's also a great source of fiber which is important for digestion and elimination.
- ROMAINE: Just 1 cup of romaine has almost 100% your daily value of Vitamin A. Vitamin A plays a vital role in bone growth, good vision, and reproductive and immune system health.
- CUCUMBER: Cucumbers are mostly water, so they are great for staying hydrated and flushing toxins out of the body. They also contain vitamins like magnesium and potassium which promote healthy skin and help prevent diseases.
- COCONUT MILK WHIPPED CREAM: Coconut milk (made by straining ground coconut meat) is rich in many vitamins, but is particularly good for it's lauric acid- a healthy fat that is easily absorbed by the body and used for energy. Coconut milk also contains other healthy fats that have been shown to help lower cholesterol.
- GREEN APPLES: Green apples are full of nutrients, particularly fiber which is key for regular digestion.
- FLAX SEEDS: Flax seeds are a potent source of many nutrients including protein, fiber, Omega-3 fatty acids and B vitamins. Omega-3s and B vitamins can be hard to get into a plant based diet so flax seeds are great food to include in your diet.
- WATERMELON: The name really says it all. Made up of 92% water, watermelon is one of the most delicious ways to stay hydrated while still nourishing you with Vitamins A, B6, C and lycopene among small amounts of many other nutrients.